Forty-Seven: Here’s how you can apply for your baby’s visa online in Dubai
In Dubai, you can apply for a new residence visa for your child by using the smart services platform offered by Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). To use the service, you will need to make sure that you have the digital copies of your child’s identification documents, as well as yours or the sponsor’s.
Here is a systematic guide on how you can complete the process.
Get your documents in place
After your child is born, you would firstly need to get their birth certificate and passport issued. It is also helpful to have your UAE Pass account set up, as this links your details that are on the government system with the application, making it easier to fill out only the additional details when you start the process.
Here is a list of the documents you will need:
- Child’s birth certificate attested by the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC).
- Passport and valid residence visa copies of the sponsor and spouse
- Emirates ID copy of the sponsor
- Passport-sized photograph of the newborn baby.
- Attested marriage certificate of the parents.
- A copy of your registered tenancy contract
- Salary certificate or labor contract for Salaried Sponsors
- Visit gdrfa.gov.ae
- Click on ‘Services’ from the top menu.
- Select ‘Residency services’ and log in using your GDRFA account or the UAE Pass.
- Once you log in, click on ‘New application’ on the right hand corner of the screen.
- Under the dependents section, select ‘new applicant’ and check ‘New residence entry permit’ and click ‘apply’. You will see the application form.
- Enter your salary and Ejari number.
- Enter your child’s passport details.
- Enter the address details for Dubai as well as your home country
- Click ‘continue’.
- You will then be asked to upload the following documents:
b. Photograph of the child
c. Salary certificate or labor contract
d. Passport copy of the child
- Make the payment, as per the duration of the visa you have applied.
- Once you have made the payment, you will need to confirm the collection date and time for the passport for visa stamping purpose.
- After visa stamping, you would need to apply for an Emirates ID if you are in Dubai.
If you would like to have assistance with the visa, application process please contact us.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp to freely discuss your needs.