Chapter One : Becoming a UAE Resident.
The UAE, and most particularly Dubai, aims at attracting talents and expertise by offering the safest most attractive life environment you can dream of in 2021… and the plan is to make it even better by 2040.
If you are not a GCC national, you will need a residency visa to live in the UAE.
The residency visa – and its famous sesame namely the Emirates Identification Card (EID) – is required for every step of your life in the UAE:
- Bank account opening and maintenance,
- Renting an apartment,
- Attending schools
- Obtaining a driving license,
- Registering a car,
- Registering a mobile number,
- Applying for a P.O. Box,
There are various options:
- Student Visa
- Employee Visa
- Remote Working Visa
- Investor Visa
- Through a Property Investment
- Through a Business Incorporation
- Through Talent, Expertise and Merit … Or … Substantial Invested Wealth.
Becoming a UAE Resident through a Property Investment:
Purchasing and owning a property of a minimum AED 1,000,000 (USD 275,000) in the UAE grants you a min 2-year visa. The property must be completed (i.e., not off plans).
Under this residency, you can sponsor your spouse and children, ascendants, obtain an EID, open a bank account, have a local phone number.
It does not allow you to work in the UAE.
Becoming a UAE Resident through a Company Incorporation:
Registering you own company in UAE mainland or in one of the Free Trade Zones will grant you an investor visa right to work in the UAE, sponsor your family (children under 18 years old) and employ staff in the UAE.
Residency in the UAE for tax purposes does requires you to be inside the country at least every 6 months.
Depending on your business requirements, you can register a UAE MAINLAND company or a FREE TRADE ZONE incorporation.
- 100 % foreign ownership permitted (corporate or individually) except for some sectors and activities under UAE Mainland which will require a Local Sponsor or a Local Agent.
- 100 % Tax Exemption
- Access to Double Tax Treaties with 80+ countries
- No WHT or restrictions on capital and profits distribution/repatriation
The UAE Cabinet has approved long-term visa system for investors and entrepreneurs. The decision of the Cabinet follows the previous decision approved earlier to grant investors 10-year residency visa, as well as to grant residency visas of up to 10 years for specialists in given fields.
We can help you find the right path to the UAE residency depending on your unique situation, your needs and requirements.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp to freely discuss your needs.