Chapter 1.1 : Who other than entrepreneurs and investors can apply?
The UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 56 of 2018 allows a foreign national to obtain long-term residency visa (Golden Visa) in the UAE.
1/ An individual is eligible to apply for a 10-year visa without a sponsor if his investments in the UAE are at least AED 10,000,000. The said investments should be free of any loans and should be retained for at least three years. The investor may also include his spouse and dependents as well as one executive director and one advisor of the business entity.
2/ Any individual who owns properties worth AED 5,000,000 or more in the UAE is eligible to apply for a 5-year visa. The properties should be retained for at least three years and there should be no loan on them.
3/ Entrepreneurs in the UAE whose investments in existing projects in the UAE are valued at a minimum capital of AED 5,000,000 are also eligible to apply for a 5-year visa. Such entrepreneurs may include their spouse, dependents, one business partner and three executives.
If you do not fall under the above categories, you may still apply if you can justify of a specialised professional talents. Individuals who are Researchers in the fields of Science and Knowledge such as Doctors, Specialists, Scientists, Inventors as well as Creatives can apply.
Specialised talented individuals may be granted a 10-year visa. Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Scientists must be accredited by Emirates Scientists Council or must be holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence
- Creatives must be accredited by Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development
- Inventors must obtain a patent of value, which adds to the UAE’s economy. Patents must be approved by Ministry of Economy
- Exceptional talents must be documented by patents or a scientific research published in a world-class journal
- Executives must be owners of a leading and internationally recognized company or holders of a high academic achievement and position
- Doctors and Specialists must meet at least 2 of the following conditions:
- A Ph. D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world;
- An award or certificate of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work;
- Contribution to a major scientific research in the applicant’s field of work
- Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications in the applicant’s field of work
- Membership in an organisation related to the field
- A Ph.D. degree, in addition to 10 years professional experience in the applicant’s field of work
- Outstanding students studying in recognised schools and universities inside or outside the UAE may apply for the long-term residency visas. They may include the families of these students.
If you fall under one of these categories, you mau apply for the Golden Visa through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA). For further clarifications related to this matter, you may contact the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
These procedures may seem very cumbersom… But we are here to help.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp or you can book a 15 minutes chat with us to freely discuss your needs.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp to freely discuss your needs.