Chapter Forty-Three: Here are 11 types of entry visas for visitors and tourists
If you are planning to come to the UAE to look for a job or to explore business opportunities, you can soon apply for an entry visa specifically for the purpose. In fact, even if you are flying in to visit family and friends, you will no longer require a sponsor or host to issue the visa on your behalf.
The UAE government announced 11 new types of Entry Visas to the UAE ON April 18, 2022 which will be implemented September same year.
Along with removing the need for a host or sponsor for some categories of visit visas, the new scheme will also offer flexible visa durations based on the needs of the visitors and the purpose of the visit
Below are the visa categories
This visa requires sponsorship from the tourism company
Multi-entry tourist visa – five years
Apart from the regular tourist visa listed above, you can also apply for a five-year multiple entry tourist visa. These are the features of the five-year multiple entry tourist visa
- No need for a sponsor
- It allows the person to stay in the country up to 90 continuous days.
- Visa Extension for a similar period if the entire period of stay does not exceed 180 days in one year.
- For this type of visa, the person must have a bank balance of $4,000 (Dh14, 692), or its equivalent in foreign currencies, during the last six months prior to submitting the application for the visa.
Visa to visit relatives or friends in the UAE
- A visitor can apply for this entry permit if he or she is a relative or friend of a UAE citizen or resident.
- No host or sponsor required.
Visa for exploring job opportunities
This visa offers easy entry to young talent and skilled workers to explore job opportunities, without requiring a host or sponsor in the UAE.
Its specifications are:
- Those classified in the first, second, or third skill level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE).
- Fresh graduates of the best 500 universities in the world.
- The minimum educational level of the applicant should be a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
Visa for exploring business opportunities
This visa will grant entry to individuals to explore investment and business opportunities, without requiring a sponsor or host in the UAE.
Temporary work mission
The new scheme also announced a specific visa for individuals who are on a temporary work assignment like probation testing or a project. The employer would sponsor this visa and issue a temporary work contract or letter clarifying the purpose of the visit and proof of health fitness to work.
The sponsors to visitors coming to the UAE seeking medical treatment will be the medical establishment.
Studying or training
The Entry and Residence Scheme also covers visitors coming to the UAE for training and internship purposes. This entry visa is sponsored by educational institutions or public and private entities. The visa application would require a letter from the entity, clarifying the details of the study or training or internship program and its duration.
This is an entry visa reserved for holders of diplomatic, special and United Nations (UN) passports.
This visa would be available to residents of GCC countries and their family members.
This visa is applicable for individuals who are in transit, sailors, flight crews, and those who are in medical and flight emergencies.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp to freely discuss your needs.