Chapter Twenty-four: Emirati Citizenship
Extremely exciting news to all UAE investors, specialized talents and professionals.
The UAE has adopted law amendments that will allow you and your families get Emirati passports without having to cancel your existing ones. As stated in the “Information and services Government portal”, In January 2021, the UAE Government approved amendments to the ‘Executive Regulation of the Citizenship and Passports Law allowing specific categories of foreigners, their spouses and children to acquire the Emirati nationality.
Below is the categories of people eligible for UAE Citizenship nomination:
- Individuals with creative talents
Under the directive of the President, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Cabinet chaired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, approved the amendments of the Executive Regulation of the Federal Law concerning Nationality and Passports. In accordance to Sheikh Mohammed, bin Rashid’s tweeter feed the Government is yet to set out how those eligible for citizenship will be identified a decision aimed at attracting talents that will contribute to the development journey of UAE.
Given below are conditions of eligibility of the Emirati Citizenship as given by the Information and services portal of the UAE Government. It should be noted that if the below are breached, the Citizenship can be withdrawn.
- An investor must own a property in the UAE.
- A doctor or specialist must be specialized in a scientific discipline of high demand in the UAE and with not less than 10 years’ experience in the same field. He/she must have a membership in a reputable organization in the field of specialization.
- A scientist is required to be an active researcher either at a university, research Centre or in the private sector. He/she must have practical experience of not less than 10 years in the same field and must have contributed to the said field. He/she must also have a recommendation letter from a recognized scientific institution in the UAE.
- An inventor must have one or more patents approved by the UAE’s Ministry of Economy(MOE) or any other reputable international body. He/she must also have a recommendation letter from the MOE.
- Intellectuals and other individuals with creative talent/s should be pioneers in the field of art and culture and must have won at least one international award. A recommendation letter from related government entities is required as well.
Other conditions for eligible candidates include:
- Take the oath of allegiance and loyalty to the UAE
- Commit to abide by the UAE’s laws
- Inform the UAE government entity, in case of acquiring or losing any other citizenship.
You can reach out to us through WhatsApp to freely discuss your needs.